Monday, March 16, 2009

Romantic Relaxed Roman Blind




I thought I would post another project which I did for a client. 
 I will  show you how a Roman blind is constructed. 
Here is the powder room window which will be covered.
 


Unfortunately, I was given fabric which was too narrow, so had to
 piece the fabric together.  This has to be done with great care, in 
order to match the pattern.


Here is the finished pieces of fabric joined.  Hurray, they match.



Matching of the fabric had to be done on both sides, to be symetrical.


This is the finished back side.  Lined, with plastic loops and
cord strung through.  The fabric covered dowel holds the fabric in place.


The finished drape, with handstitched beautiful trim at the hem.



                               
Have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

  1. My mom and I were just looking at how to sew roman shades. This is a great post! Thank you.

    Cheers,
    Karen O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sooo pretty, great job!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! I love roman blinds.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe how well you lined that pattern up! It looks perfect!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the only answer if you just have to cover up the sunshine! Great work! Blessings.
    Amy Sperry Faldet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments.
Wishing you a wonderful day.