Saturday, May 2, 2009

Peek... a... Boo!

I call my home the cottage in the city.
It is quaint, meaning it is small, but through the years that we have lived here,
a metamorphoses has taken place.
Walls have been taken down, and rooms reconfigured, not on a grand scale,
but enough to make this home oh so comfortable.
This post is all about the powder room, probably my most favorite because of the
painted wall technique.


This bathroom is small, just big enough to comfortably fit the toilet on one side
and the sink on the other.


***


***


***


***


***

Here is a close up of the technique on the walls. The base is plastered and then a stencil was used to add this raised detail.
Beth from Halstead and Company Ltd. created this wonderful old world wall technique.



***

This kitchen cart from Ikea, only $59.00 became the base for the vessel sink.
The wheels and one shelf were removed.
I simply stained it dark and coated it with varethane.

***
Hope you enjoy. My Peek a Boo home tour will continue.
Have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing. Check out my book giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Job! Can't believe that was an IKEA cart turned bathroom vanity! Wow!

    Great Job!

    Where did you get your sink and faucet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so innovative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the Ikea trolley as a bathroom vanity was so clever - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely decorative techniques - thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for popping by my Blog for a visit. I am sitting here right now reading through your blog and your cottage is so lovely and just amazing! I love this small powderroom. The walls are stunning.

    Off to read more!

    LuLu Kellogg
    Coastal Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene!
    I was so thrilled to find out I have a follower of my blog in Canada!:)
    Thanks for writing to me, now I discovered your lovely blog!!

    What a beautiful restroom, I would never have guessed the vessel sink base is a kitchen cart from IKEA! That was very creative!

    I have added the google translator but I'm not sure I did it properly, please let me know if you aren't able to translate, then I will try to fix it.

    Have a nice day!

    Kind regards,
    Jenny, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Just returned from a fabulous shopping day at Ikea!! love your cottage in the city!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little restroom. Love the walls too! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments.
Wishing you a wonderful day.